Thank You For Visiting Our Website And Your Interest In Our Efforts!
To obtain hardcopies of our safety brochures, make a donation to the program or to inquire about scheduling a presentation, please contact us.
Wild Aware Utah Program Presentations
Representatives from Utah’s Hogle Zoo may be available to conduct wildlife awareness education presentations for schools, scout troops, and summer camps.
Presentations currently available
- Living With Wildlife: For grades 1–5. This general wildlife safety program addresses appropriate Utah Science Standards
- This 60-minute program will include opportunities for your students to explore and touch pelts, skulls and live animals.
- The cost is $50 per program. We can take cash or check the day of the program, and card payments can be done over the phone.
- One instructor can present up to three times a day.
- Program must be within a 75-mile radius of Utah’s Hogle Zoo.
- Reservations must be made at least 4 weeks in advance — we book quickly!
- Maximum of 30 participants per session.
- Presenter(s) will arrive 30 minutes prior to the first class for set up.
- The classroom teacher is not permitted to leave the room during the presentation.
- An adult representative to be present at all times during a program to handle children’s behavioral management.
- If a PowerPoint presentation is part of the program, the requesting school or scout troop needs to provide a working projector.
Programs may include
- Bio-facts and visual displays
- Supervised interaction with Ambassador Animal(s) for paid presentations by Utah’s Hogle Zoo
Please note: Animals must be requested at the time of booking. There is no guarantee which ambassador animals will be available for the presentation, but all animals will correspond with the topic of human/wildlife conflict avoidance.
Prohibited during programs:
- Food or drink
- Other school activities during setup or presentation
- Classroom animals or pets if Zoo Animal Ambassadors are present