What does a raccoon look like?
- Raccoons are grey in color with bushy, black ringed tailed and black masks across their faces. They have little black hands that have five fingers.
- Adults may weigh between 10-30 pounds.
Where do they live?
- They live in forests, marshes, near lakes and rivers and even in urban areas.
- They do not like to live far from water, so they do not live in the dry, desert parts of Utah.
What do they eat?
- Raccoons are opportunistic omnivores. This means that they will eat pretty much anything and everything including plants, fish, insects, small mammals, reptiles, birds and eggs.
- They also may seek out pet food, gardens and trash.
What eats them?
- Cougars, coyotes and bobcats may hunt adults; owls and other birds of prey may take young.