Outdoor Adventure Days 2016
From June 09, 2016 until June 12, 2016
Utah Division of Wildlife is hosting the 3rd Annual OUTDOOR ADVENTURE DAYS. This event will have shooting sports, atv’s, kayaking, birding, fishing, demonstrations, and all kinds of different wildlife recreation activities… all FREE to the public! More information about the event activities can be found at outdooradventuredays.com
Wild Aware Day June 18, 2016
10:00 am-2:00 pm
What should you do if you see a rattlesnake? Do coyotes really eat small dogs? Come find out at Wild Aware Day!
Hogle Zoo, and its outreach program Wild Aware Utah, are teaming up with various local and national wildlife groups and agencies, to help the public learn about predators and other wildlife – especially those found in Utah and the surrounding areas. Meet Zoo keepers and learn what you can do if you encounter animals in the wild, or right in your neighborhood. Stop by our display of a “bad” campsite and a “bear aware” campsite. Also, check out some of our Hogle Zoo animals as they interact with special enrichment items.
- Saturday, June 6th – A presentation on snakes. Many people ask, “Do I need to worry about venomous snakes on Antelope Island?” Find out which kind of snakes there are on the island.
- June 12th and 13th , 2015 – 2nd Annual Outdoor Adventure Days
- June 27th 2015 – Identify venomous Utah snakes and how to avoid conflicts. Wasatch Mtn State Park
- Saturday, May 16 – Celebrate Your Pet Day. This event helped people appreciate and learn more not only about their pets, but about animals in general, especially our local wildlife – how we can coexist and what we should do if we encounter wild animals.
- May 14th 2015 – Snakes! Learn all about identifying venomous and non-venomous snakes in Utah and how to avoid conflicts at this FREE program for all ages.
- May 1, 2015 – Integrating People and Wildlife in an Urban Setting. How to balance stake holders wants and wildlife needs to enhance both resources protection and community benefits.
- April 25, 2015 Utah’s Hogle Zoo’s Party for the Planet. Utah’s Hogle Zoo’s Party for the Planet featuring Living With Wildlife information from Wild Aware Utah and many local and national wildlife organizations and agencies.
- April 24th A Free Wildlife Safety Presentation Liberty Senior Center Mountain lions, moose and bears Oh my!
- Saturday, April 18th Ogden Nature Center’s eleventh annual 2015 Earth Day celebration.
- April 16th Keep a clean, odor-free camp and picnic site. Learn tips on how to keep a clean, odor-free camp and picnic site and how to avoid conflicts with wildlife.
- November 15, 2014 to March 31,2015 Mountain Lion! The Story of Pumas and People. The Swaner Preserve and EcoCenter and the Quinney College of Natural Resources of Utah State University
- March 31st 2015 Mountain Lions, Moose and Bears Oh My! Wild Aware Utah presented a FREE presentation at REI in Sandy. Attendees learned how to “Be Wild Aware” while enjoying the great outdoors.
- Thursday, September 11th The Farmington Trails Committee hosted a free wildlife safety and awareness presentation by Wild Aware Utah.
- Sept. 20th Wild Aware Utah at Utah’s Hogle Zoo Safety Safari
- Tuesday, September 30th What’s the Deal with Moose in Utah?Presentations by Wild Aware Utah and Dan MacNulty – 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Swaner Preserve and Eco Center 1258 Center Drive Park City, UT
- June 28 2014 Hogle Zoo’s Wild Aware Utah program will host Living With Wildlife event at Utah’s Hogle Zoo. 10 AM -2 PM
- June 13th and 14th 2014 The Utah Division of Wildlife Resources’ Outdoor Adventure Days. At the Lee Kay Shooting Range. Free for the public.
- April 19th 2014 Ogden Nature Center’s Earth Day Celebration 12:00pm until 4:00pm.
- April 8, 2014 Spring Wildlife Program free to all ages
7:00 PM Millcreek Community Library 2266 Evergreen Ave. Salt Lake City